A ten volume collection which explores and analyzes four masterpieces by four most important flamenco guitarists of today.The best way to learn and practice flamenco pieces composed and interpreted by the best artists.
The transcription of each CD is divided in 2 or 3 books, due to the fact that modern flamenco pieces are usually longer than in the past, and there is often more than one guitar.
Each transcription is accompanied by comments about the form and analysis of various parts of the piece. Thus, each transcription is transformed into a mini-manuel of modern flamenco interpretation.
Enrique Vargas transcribed all additional guitars and cante accompaniment. Keeping in mind that transcriptions of pieces for two or more guitars virtually don’t exist in flamenco, a considerable effort was made to offer these arrangements to flamenco guitarists and musicians from other genres interested in flamenco.
You can buy and download a transcription of each piece on the CD. Chose the name of the album/artist to see available pieces.
VG Ediciones makes available a chart as well as audio file of a falseta, compás or any other part of the piece you’re interested in. You can listen to these sound files and download them for free.
To buy and download transcriptions and download for free the sound files click above on the names of the CD's you’re interested in.
* Transcription of each piece in notation and tab with complete fingerings for both hands.History of the form
* Flamenco scales, chords, tunings and tonalities.
* Analysis of most difficult falsetas and compas with explanations and advice on technical execution
* Compás, palmas and foot marking, which is essential for general comprehension of flamenco, and strangely enough, is usually ignored by authors of flamenco manualsList of generic rasgueados
* Glossary of flamenco terminology and symbols used in flamenco writing.
* All texts are written in Spanish and English. Enrique Vargas is the author of all texts and transcriptions that are exclusively approved by each artist.